Roads where the trees’ canopies meet across the road and the dappled sun shines through the branches
- A149 from Sherringham to Holkham. Just a lovely drive with fab views
- Top of the bus from Windermere to Keswick along the A591. My first visit to this area was to work in Keswick in the 1980’s; I took the bus from Windermere Station and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- North York Moors Railway from Pickering. Fabulous contrasting scenery
- A6 Buxton to Bakewell. Fab scenery
- A623 Chapel en le Frith to Eyam. Fab scenery
- Train journey from Lancaster to Seascale. Fab views both sides of the train
- A595 Ravenglass to Grizebeck and then A5092 to Greenodd
- Top of the Park and Ride bus from Landsdown, down hill into Bath – fab views as the bus meanders into Bath (especially on the approach to the city centre)
- The Isle of Wight round island bus. Did it years ago sitting upstairs in the front row and had fab views
- A31 Hogs Back from Farnham to Guildford . Fab views looking north especially on a clear day
- B3157. Burton Bradstock to Abbotsbury. As the road descends there are fab views along Chesil Beach (and Portland on a clear day)
- Canoeing from Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door and back. Fab coastline but unfortunately do remember canoeing through raw sewage
- A27 from Lewis to Polegate. Used to love this part of the trip to my Great Aunts in Bexhill on Sea. Fab views of the coast
- Hythe and Dymchurch Railway to Dungeness. I did this trip years ago and can still remember it; not sure if it is the steam railway experience or the landscape in those parts.
- Train journey from Exeter to Kingswear. It runs along the coast and has fab views
- A39 Minehead to Lynmouth. You know you are on holiday when you drive this road west
- B3135. Into Cheddar Gorge. Not found anywhere else in the UK quite like it
- Top deck of the bus from St Just to St Ives along the B3306. Fab views!!
- Canoeing from Combe Martin Bay towards Ilfracombe and back. A fab way of seeing our lovely country
- A466 Chepstow to Tintern Abbey. Fab scenery
- A470 Merhtyr Tydfil to Brecon. Fab scenery
- Canoeing from Stourport to Bewdley on the River Severn. I recall this as a really pleasant day out and I recall taking the steam train part of the way home (but without the canoes…)